POSITION: Interim Executive Director (12 -14 month maternity leave contract full-time)
START: March 2018
AREA: Central Toronto with occasional travel required
Organization Profile: Founded in 1982, Camp Awakening is a registered charity providing summer camp & leadership programs that give youth with physical disabilities the opportunity to gain independence, make lasting friendships, develop confidence, and accomplish things that they never thought possible. To learn more about us, please visit: campawakening.com
Position Profile: The Interim Executive Director is responsible for the management and implementation of Camp Awakening’s annual fundraising strategy, charitable objectives, and general office administration, as well as collaborating on the effective operation of three summer camps programs.
The successful candidate will: be an excellent communicator; be well-organized, be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities; be personable and energetic; be resourceful with strong critical-thinking skills; will work effectively in a small office environment; and have a strong customer service orientation.
Camp Program Operations – 40%
- Act as Camp Director and support Assistant Director with all aspects of summer camp program operations and management;
- Assist with camper recruitment and program marketing, outreach & promotion (includes travel to camp fairs & tradeshows);
- Supervise seasonal program staff hiring & training;
- Help manage camper family communications during the summer months;
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness (includes travel to various host camp sites while programs are in session)
Fundraising, Finance & Administration – 60%
- Manage all aspects of fundraising program and initiatives including: direct mail, grant proposals, corporate partnerships & sponsorships, special events (both internal and 3rd Party), tax receipting, donor communications, and prospect research;
- Collaborate with Board of Directors & volunteer committees to fulfill Camp Awakening’s mission and strategic planning objectives
- Responsible for annual marketing, social media, and promotional plans;
- Oversee annual audit and CRA filings;
- Manage accounts receivable/payable, bookkeeping, and budgeting;
- Supervise staff administration and payroll;
- General office administration (i.e. mailings, managing inventory, maintain accurate records, etc.)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Leadership role at a children’s summer camp or similar residential outdoor recreation program;
- Leadership role at registered charity or non-profit organization an asset;
- Experience working with children and youth with physical disabilities an asset;
- Possess exceptional communication and relationship management skills and the ability to solve problems creatively and diplomatically;
- Proven strength in presentation skills and speaking on behalf of the organization;
- Demonstrated independence, initiative and resourcefulness, while working as part of a team.
- Microsoft Office Programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher or similar program;
- Sumac or similar fundraising software an asset;
- Quickbooks or similar accounting software an asset;
- Photo and video editing software an asset.
- Demonstrated passion for summer camp and positive youth development;
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle;
- The position involves evening and weekend commitments.
To Apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter (in PDF format), including salary expectations in confidence, to Tracy Morley, Executive Director, Camp Awakening: email@example.com
All applications must be received by 5:00pm on Tuesday, February 20, 2018. Early submission is encouraged, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Camp Awakening is committed to employment equity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. If you require an accommodation at any point during the hiring/employment process please let us know as we will work with you to meet your needs. All responses will be handled with strict confidence.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.