Life’s short. Work somewhere awesome.
POSITION: Program Director
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Currently remote & Central Toronto with occasional travel required
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Organization Profile: Celebrating 40 years in 2022, Camp Awakening is a registered charity providing outdoor recreation programs that give youth with physical disabilities the opportunity to gain independence, make lasting friendships, develop confidence, and build new skills.
After two summers without our core on-site, in-person programs, we are eager to return to all three of our camp locations next year! Over the next two years, we also plan to continue delivering virtual programs; expand leadership development opportunities; and begin implementing new strategic directions. It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! To learn more about us, please visit: campawakening.com
Position Profile: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Director is responsible for the management of year-round Camp Awakening programs delivered both in-person and virtually. The successful candidate will: have a passion for youth development; be an excellent communicator with a strong customer service orientation; be well-organized and able to manage multiple priorities; be personable and energetic; be resourceful with strong critical-thinking skills; work effectively both remotely & in a small office environment.
- Oversee program operations for overnight summer camp; year-round leadership development; virtual March Break Camp; the new outdoor club; and various in-person and virtual activities/events;
- Responsible for camper/participant recruitment and liaising with families;
- Responsible for all program-related marketing, outreach and promotion;
- Coordinate seasonal program staff hiring & training;
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness (includes travel to various sites in Ontario while programs are in session);
- Ensure compliance with Ontario Camps Association Standards and legislative requirements related to all programs;
- Provide general office support, assist with fundraising initiatives & special events;
- Work with the Executive Director and volunteers to fulfill Camp Awakening’s mission.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a leadership role at a children’s summer camp or similar outdoor recreation program;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Programs and Google Drive;
- Current police reference check and vulnerable sector screening;
(please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of these checks and screenings if not provided by candidate in advance);
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle;
- Proof of vaccination
- Experience working with children, teens and/or young adults with disabilities;
- Proven strength in presentation skills and speaking on behalf of an organization;
- Experience creating or facilitating virtual programming;
- Experience managing social media accounts; and/or using photo and video editing software
Particular Working Conditions:
- Working some evenings and weekends;
- Occasionally driving long distances, with overnight stays;
- Flexible combination of remote (working from home) and small office environment
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; standing for long periods of time, packing and unpacking vehicles and program spaces, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and fine finger dexterity. The minimum physical requirements for this position include being able to lift 20kg. This position involves occasional work outdoors in various environments and temperatures.
Compensation & Benefits:
This position offers a competitive annual salary range of $42,000 – $46,000, benefits package, vacation, and professional development.
Qualified candidates are invited to send their resume in PDF format and a brief paragraph letting us know why you want to join the Camp Awakening team to:
Tracy Morley, Executive Director at email@example.com. All applications must be received by noon on Wednesday, November 3, 2021; however, we will review applications as received.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Camp Awakening is committed to employment equity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. We value inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment & selection process please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.